Tongue Scraper (2 pack with 2 travel/storage cases) Tongue Cleaner, Scrapers for Adults and Kids Medical Grade Reusable Stainless Steel Helps Fight Bad Breath With Non-synthetic Grip
The ancient Ayurvedic recommendation of tongue scraping is one that is often overlooked. There are many benefits to this daily practice as far as oral health, and overall physical, mental, and spiritual health. Since the oral cavity is one of the main gateways between your mind/body and the environment, maintaining the health of this connection is critical to general well-being.
Scraping the tongue daily removes any build-up on the tongue, which, if left untreated, can lead to bad breath and may house a significant number of bad oral hygiene. This simple practice is a direct way of removing Ama from your physiology. In Ayurveda, Ama refers to any accumulation of toxic residue in the mind-body. This can result from improper eating, poor digestion, or a reflection of an imbalance somewhere in the gastrointestinal system.
In addition, from an Ayurvedic perspective, by removing this coating you improve your ability to taste your food, which makes it more satisfying. By increasing your taste reception, not only do you eat less, you also eliminate the need to add more sugar, salt, or excessive spice to the food to make it more flavorful. Many of the beneficial phytonutrients and “body signals” that your food contains are first interpreted by the mind-body upon contact with receptors on the tongue. You want to improve this communication between your food and your body by removing any coating that is interfering with that connection. Also, many herbs have their beneficial effects from the initial contact with receptors on the tongue. Hence, you need a clear tongue to receive this healthy information.
How is tongue scraping beneficial?
Debris, and dead cells can build up on your tongue over time. This can lead to bad breath and have a negative impact on your overall oral health.
Using a tongue scraper can help remove this buildup, as well as:
- Improve your sense of taste
- Improve the appearance of your tongue
- Improve overall health
- Reduce bad breath
To perform tongue scraping, follow these steps:
Stand in front of a mirror, open your mouth, and stick out your tongue.
- Gently set the rounded end of the tongue scraper at the back of your tongue.
- If you’re worried about gagging, you may find it helpful to start at the middle of your tongue. You can gradually start from farther back as you get used to scraping.
- Gently touch the scraper to your tongue. Slowly pull it forward, toward the tip of your tongue. You should never push the scraper from the tip of your tongue back.
- After each scrape, use a washcloth or tissue to remove debris from the scraper.
- Repeat until you’ve scraped the entire surface of your tongue. One to two scrapes across the same area is usually enough.
- Wash the tongue scraper with warm water and soap, dry, and store in a clean, dry area.
Research suggests that using a tongue scraper twice daily can improve your sense of taste. Your tongue may be able to better distinguish between all sensations
Product detailsDesign:Set of 2 (with travel case)
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 6 x 3.5 x 0.5 inches; 0.95 Ounces
- Manufacturer : MasterMedi
- ASIN : B01LAY47D0
- It comes with two Tongue Cleaner and two free travel cases.
- Made from superior Grade stainless steel - Non-toxic and Sterilizable, Comfort Grip, Thicker, heavy duty gauge to ensure it is smooth on the tongue - without risk of nicks
- Stainless steel Carved handles to ensure bacteria free surface - No synthetic coverings for Grips
- Flexible, non-gagging design with optimal length - enables cleaning of the entire tongue length
- Suitable tool for plaque removal, bad breath and to restore oral hygiene or taste sensation